Camp Boyfriend - J.K. Rock

16 April 2014


Pages: 324 pages
Edition: ARC
Language: English
Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Source: Netgalley
Series: Camp Boyfriend #1
Started: 5th of April, 2014
Finished: 7th of April , 2014

ADD TO GOODREADS BUY AT TBD
The summer of her dreams is about to get a reality check.

They said it couldn't be done, but geeky sophomore Lauren Carlson transformed herself into a popular girl after moving to a new school halfway across the country. Amazing what losing her braces and going out for cheerleading will do. Only trouble is, the popular crowd is wearing on Lauren's nerves and she can't wait to return to summer camp where she's valued for her brain instead of her handsprings. She misses her old friends and most of all, her long time camp-only boyfriend, Seth. This year she intends to upgrade their relationship to year-round status once she's broken up with her new, jock boyfriend, Matt. He doesn't even begin to know the real her, a girl fascinated by the night sky who dreams of discovering new planets and galaxies.

But Matt isn't giving her up without a fight. As he makes his case to stay together, Lauren begins to realize his feelings run deeper than she ever would have guessed. What if the guy she thought she was meant to be with forever isn't really The One? Returning to Camp Juniper Point was supposed to ground her uprooted life, but she's more adrift than ever. Everything feels different and soon Lauren's friends are turning on her and both guys question what she really wants. As summer tensions escalate, Lauren wonders if she's changed more than she thought. Will her first big discovery be herself?

MY THOUGHTS

I AM SO DONE AFTER READING THIS BOOK. What do I do with my life now?! I thought everything was gonna be perfect and happy and now I'm done and I'm just. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I shipped Lauren and Matt and I also shipped Lauren and Seth. This made the mental decision in my mind even harder.

Okay, my reviews for Camp Kiss and Camp Christmas have already gone up by now and you probably already know how much I adored the books and how much I loved this book too. But I just can't write this review yet, because I'm still just. This book. I need to read Camp Payback soon. And then I just want the rest of the series already.

In Camp Boyfriend, we follow Lauren, who has changed a lot over the year and is finally going back to camp, meeting up with her camp-only boyfriend Seth. She has to break up with her new, jock boyfriend Matt. Lauren thinks he doesn't know the real her. But Matt doesn't give up so easily. It's the beginning of lots of dramatic events and lots of feels. I think that's the best way to describe this. It was a roller coaster ride for me.

I'm wondering how the authors were able to make this work. It's no dual narratives and it's just first person writing. It's good, I didn't notice any differences between writing, so I'm really wondering how this worked. But I'm hoping to get to know this during our Camp Boyfriend Read-a-Thon on Fluffy Reads Blog. I'm hosting a read-a-thon together with Valeria and Francine and there will be awesome posts every day and lots of awesomeness. You can sign up here. (shameless self-promotion)

What did I like so much about this book? The fluffiness. I liked Lauren. She was a really cute character, but sometimes a little bit annoying. How her mother would just want to change the way she dresses. Just no. I mean, Seth liked her before, why would she have to change to belong and get a boyfriend like Matt?!

THAT ENDING THOUGH. I'm not going to spoil anything, but THAT ENDING. I personally didn't like it that much, but Francine, who also read it, liked it. So mixed feelings about it. I'm off to read Camp Payback now.

I highly recommend this one, as you probably could have known. Just read it, it's awesome. Totally nice if you're into a contemporary books. They are available on Netgalley if you're a blogger and otherwise, use the links in the post. Tell me what you thought it you have read it.

5 comments:

  1. I love when a book demolishes you, you have a book hangover and no idea what to do with yourself! I am adding this one to my TBR now!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! But it's hard when you want to pick up another book. Luckily I made a can with all the book titles on my shelfs so I know what book to pick up next. I can't choose, especially not after choosing awesome books!

      Delete
  2. Dang, I really should have got these from Netgalley. They sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still on netgalley, if you're interested!

      Delete
  3. Heehee. Thank you for mentioning me. And yes, I do love that ending. Don't worry. Camp Crush is coming for you. :P

    ReplyDelete